I am Nationally Board Certified Diplomate of Acupuncture, Dipl. Ac. I earned my Master's Degree in Acupuncture at the well-respected Tai Sophia Institute in Maryland (now the Maryland University of Integrative Health), a fully accredited institution. After completing the 2,600 hours required to earn my degree in 2004, I elected to become Nationally Board Certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. In 2013, I became a professional practitioner of Arvigo Maya Abdominal Massage Therapy.
I am passionate about well-being, women’s health and merging traditional Eastern practices with the realities of modern lifestyle. I founded Seaside Acupuncture in 2004. I have been living and practicing in Mount Pleasant for over 14 years.
My continuing education goes above and beyond requirements. I love my work and I love sharing knowledge and practices with my patients. Below are some of my most exciting continuing education experiences:
- Professional practitioner of Arvigo Maya Abdominal Massage Therapy.
- Chinese dietary therapy and holistic nutrition with Rylen Feeney, founder of the Wellspring School for Healing Arts.
- Attended Gaiananda Herbal Apprenticeship, 2016. Guest speaker in 2017.
- Extensively studied Chinese Medicine's role in supporting women in restoring and enhancing fertility with Randine Lewis.
- Chinese herbs, and endocrine health with Heiner Fruehauf
- Online coursework with Claudia Citkovitz, Debra Betts, Sarah Budd Sharon Weizenbaum, who are experts in the field of fertility, pregnancy, and women's health.
- Pediatrics intensive and Chinese herbs with the renowned Alex Tiberi.